Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Gracias Linda!

GraciasLinda
Diego and I were in the car on our way to pick up some lunch while Dada-Ruff was working hard building our new TV monument stand.  It was a hot day so we both had our car windows down.  It was also the weekend so I wasn't looking half as haggard as usual, plus I had on my sunglasses which covered most my face.

The car in front of me decided to be a bottle-neck on the street and double-parked.  I had to scoot my car over to the side, to let the car in oncoming traffic pass by me.  It was tight, so I tried to scoot some more.  And then some more.

They finally passed by me, both our windows wide open on this beautiful hot day.  It was a car full of Latin young men.  The space between our cars was so tight that the driver was practically in my car.  As our windows paralleled, the driver said,

"Gracias linda" [Thank you, lovely] and they drove away.

I didn't have enough time to acknowledge.  Not a smile or a nod because they were already behind me, probably off to some beer-filled party or something.

I turned the corner, and Diego said,

"Mama, are those your fwends???"

"Huh?  What?  Oh!... yeah sure."

Those are my fwends.... - Shirley (Mama-Ruff)



No comments:

Post a Comment