Tuesday, May 21, 2013

DD Sound Bites

DD_Soundbites-1
Diego's speech therapist has been giving me really good feedback at the end of his sessions lately.  This last Friday, she said she was going to re-test him for speech evaluation at his next session.  Again, she started to explain that he's picked up and improved so much lately, and she sort of made me feel that D (3yrs, 4mos) might not need speech therapy anymore?  I mean, she didn't officially say it, and with my paying insurance ($$) why would they offer to stop?  But she gave me that impression if only for a split second.

And I don't think that this is a passive, aggressive way to kick my Ruffian out of speech therapy, because he hasn't had any tantrums (during his sessions) in so long!  So I guess we'll just see the outcome of his session this week.  Cross your fingers!

I have noted that he is speaking in full sentences lately.  I mean the whole shebang folks:  subject, predicate, nouns, verbs, adjectives, and prepositions!  (Still working on pronouns though).  It's amazing each time he comes up with a complete sentence, and I can't find anything wrong with it other than pronunciation of some words.

Oh, and the Spanish accent that he's picked up from my dad!  Don't get me started on that.  I giggle to myself with all his "Jesses" [Yes's], "Choos" [shoes], and "Chut ups" [shut ups] I hear.  And the Spanglish is even more fun.  Like when Jane in the movie Tarzan lost "su" [her] shoe.  Or when he wants "otro" [another] ice cream.  

Below are some things you'd hear at the MATR house, and you can probably notice this little Ruffian has spunk!

DD Sound Bites

  • My name is Waygo [Diego]
  • I have to watch Tarzan
  • I have to go to work
  • Aw, so cute!
  • Hey, what you doing?
  • Mama, come on!
  • I have to help mama feed Cody [Qori]
  • No! You do it!
  • Your brother is too little?
  • Be careful, da bugs will bite you!
  • Hey!  My zapatos [shoes]!
  • New car, new tv, new door?  [yes we've bought quite a few new things at the MATR house lately]
  • Wait for me!
  • Gween means go, wed means stop
  • You're OK!  [he says thins when he falls down.  LOL!]
  • Don't bah-er [bother] me
  • I'm not ready [usually followed up with "to take a bath"]
  • I don't hike [like] it [usually used during dinner time]
  • I hove [love] you mama/dada
  • Dis is my mama
  • Dis is my fwend 
  • Peas mama, I has go to da park?
  • I have to kill you [???]
  • Don't hit me!  [as if we beat him!]
  • Your brother is sleeping
  • Your brother bite me [I don't have a brother]
  • Oh, sorry. Excuse me [when he burps] 
  • Peas mama, I have otro ice cream?  The gween one.
  • Jesus Mama!  [this is a new one I've heard twice.  I'm not sure if this is exactly what he's saying but it sure does sound like it, and he has toddler attitude when he says it too.  LOL!]

DD_Soundbites-3
-Shirley (Mama Ruff)

No comments:

Post a Comment