Friday, May 24, 2013

Clean Eats

CleanEats-1
Homemade grilled chicken salad in lime juice.  No cans.

I'm joining the bandwagon and starting a "clean eating" diet.  I really need to do something about these last few post-Tater pounds.  And I really can't blame Tater for this anymore.  It's me.  I haven't had any drive.

So after thinking I've been needing to do something for weeks, I've finally mentally decided to go clean.  Well - lemme back up.  80% clean.  Because everyone knows you can never be 100% clean without being some crazy person - no offense if you're a crazy, clean person.  You go girl - or boy!  I'm leaving myself some wiggle room for things like an occasional white bread or rice, cheese, and well - Fast Food Fridays. 

I decided to go clean because it just made simple sense.  Don't eat processed or refined foods: eat as little packaged foods as you can.  Go back to nature, simple foods that have 1 or 2 ingredients.  Eat stuff that will go bad sooner than the stuff that can sit in your pantry for months.  It just all made perfect sense.

When reading about clean eating I realized that the MATR house already sort of does this too, so we just needed to make little tweaks here and there and we'd be a (80%) clean eating family!  So anyway, I guess things are gonna get a whole lot more clean here at MATR! [I wish I were talking about my floors ;)]

Can anyone share their favorite clean meals (especially lunch & dinner) with me?  -Shirley (Mama-Ruff)

No comments:

Post a Comment