Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Pink Section

EmilysBirthFinal-124

When I found out Tater was a boy, I texted my sis that it would now be up to her to provide the estrogen in the family.  I was DONE having babies!  I didn't want a girl THAT BAD anymore.  True enough, my sister had her first baby - a girl - a few weeks ago. 

I realize now, that although I originally wanted a girl, I was not meant for one.  The pink section in Target is SO alluring, but now I realize it's better that I shop there for someone else's baby.  I realize now that baby girls mean cute outfits and hairdo's  -- oh the hairdo's.  My boys are lucky enough if I wet down their cowlick/bedheads in the morning before shuffling them off to Abuelito's.  I can't imagine trying to braid or Topsy-tail someone's hair every morning!  I know I'd forget to add a headband or cute bow, I just know it.  And outfits?  I've tried cute hats, suspenders, or other accessories on my boys but they are about as T-shirt and Jean as you can get.  And that's SO much more easy, let me tell ya.  I'd feel sorry for my daughter if I had one.  I'd fail at being a femme enough Mama now.  I've been re-conditioned by the Ruffians.

And how would I keep a girl's clothes on if she ever wanted to be Jane Tarzan?!!!    No idea.

This new setup I've got going on is perfect now.  Anytime I need an estrogen dose, I'll just visit my sister.   I'll comb hair and play with pink my little ponies, and when I'm over it I always know that I can call on T-Wax the dino to "take out" my little pony. 

It's perfect....

-Shirley (Mama Aunty Ruff)
EmilysBirthFinal-3 EmilysBirthFinal-13 EmilysBirthFinal-31 EmilysBirthFinal-38 EmilysBirthFinal-116 EmilysBirthFinal-98

No comments:

Post a Comment