Saturday, October 19, 2013

For Love of Pumpkins

Untitled


I underestimated this kid's love of pumpkins.  He practically attacked the speech therapy intern for the whole bag of pumpkin candies instead of the one candy he was being offered!  I experienced a classic mommy-fail moment and gave in to the tantrum and bartered with him.

If you stop crying, I will buy you your own bag.  Deal?

Deal....

I thought he'd grab anything in the candy aisle, or maybe go for the biggest bag,  but he was very specific.

"Halloween," he kept saying.

Until I found the bag of pumpkins.   He turned into a kid in a candy store...... literally.

PumpkinCandy-1


His speech therapy intern has always given him lollipops and other candies, and yet he's never had a tantrum like this before for the WHOLE bag!  After a day of giving it some thought, it all started to come together: 
  • How happy he is talking about pumpkins.  
  • How he talked about an Angry Bird pumpkin  (how does a 3 year old remember pumpkins from the previous year?!).  
  • How excited he was picking his pumpkins last year.  More excited than I saw him at Disneyworld!  I mean, I never heard him say "I want to go home" at the pumpkin patch.  
  • How he nearly tackled his speech therapy intern for a bag of pumpkin candies.

 It's a good thing we're going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow!
-Shirley (Mama-Ruff)

No comments:

Post a Comment