Sunday, October 27, 2013

Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup

CoconutCurryPumpkinSoupEdit 

I have a million pumpkins since the pumpkin patch and DD insists that he doesn't want to carve them.  He wants to cook them. 

So we roasted and pureed the pumpkins together and I made my first (of possibly many) pumpkin dish:  coconut curry pumpkin soup.



PumpkinPuree-4

PumpkinPuree-5
Roasting at 375 degrees for a little under an hour & a half.

I gotta say, for me not being a big fan of pumpkin, this soup was super delicious!  I would make it again in a heart beat.  I considered it a clean-eating kind of dish with only 5 basic ingredients.  I basically only used 1 canned product, because were else am I going to find coconut milk?

So here are the details:

Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
  • 6 cups fresh pumpkin puree
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1 cup vegetable stock
  • salt & pepper to taste
In a medium-sized pot toast the curry on low heat, as soon as you smell the curry fragrance move on the the next step so you don't burn the delicate curry. Add the coconut milk and whisk on low heat until it's clump-less and a golden color. Add in the pumpkin puree and vegetable stock.   Simmer over low heat for 5-7 minutes, whisking every so often. Add salt & pepper to taste.  Enjoy!

Easy-Peasy and Oh so delish! - Shirley (Mama-Ruff)
CoconutCurryPumpkinSoup-2

No comments:

Post a Comment