Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter + Divine Intervention

E-stir
Make special note of the tags still on the baskets...


Happy Easter!  We are spending the day celebrating the holiday and my grandma's birthday today so stay tuned for pics.  :)


I wish I could say that I'm prepared for this holiday, but as usual I'm not up to snuff.  I tried my best to think ahead: stock up on eggs, dye, and baskets and then have fun activities prepared for my little ruffians.  That's what a cool and awesome mom would do.  But a non-cool, totally busy working mom much like myself simply falls short on that because she often falls short on time.

But that's when divine intervention and just silly luck comes in.  Like last week when my only weekend goal was to take the boys to the park on Saturday morning with the intent to tire them out for a good long nap.  On my way to the park, I saw a big flashing-sign, "Easter Egg Hunt at the park at 11am."

It was only an hour away and I just happened to have baskets in my trunk (seriously - I had just bought them the day before and didn't take them out of my car for fear that the ruffians would destroy them before Easter  -- and they WOULD!).  Then we got to the park and I ran into my oblivious friend and her son and we decided to hunt eggs together.  It's like I planned it all out!  Only I didn't....  or did I? ;)

How about we all harbor a secret lie, and let's just say that I did plan it out (for the coolness factor).  This non-cool, totally busy working mom totally planned this perfect outing weeks ago!  It's like my blog banner says; I got this motherhood thing handled....



Too cool for Easter-Shirley
E-stir

No comments:

Post a Comment