Monday, April 1, 2013

How the Ruffians did Easter

EasterRocks2_Collage


Easter puked all over back of my car and in between my couch cushions.

If I never see an open baby blue, plastic Easter egg or aluminum, pastel-colored candy wrappers  again I'd do the Happy Dance!  And if the boys never saw a patterned clip-on tie again,  they'd do the Lambada!  

The only reason I even got one picture of Diego in a tie is because I told him that you must wear ties when you hunt eggs (And he BELIEVED me, muahahahaha!).  He's gonna hate me when he figures it out.  And Mateo is going to hate me when I show his future girlfriend this plumber-butt picture.  Hahaha!  But Mateo got me back as I peered from the living room window to find him getting down and dirty in a rain puddle.  I wasn't home and had no backup outfit.  
EasterRocks3_Collage
Untitled

And knowing there was rain in the forecast, I still didn't even think to bring rain boots.  I chose to put them in.......... -canvas shoes......... Mommy fail.

As for the hunt itself, the boys got a really great haul.  Diego examined each egg before he put it into his basket.  If it was a real egg, he put it back.  He only liked the fake, plastic ones (I hope this isn't a general statement about his future girlfriends).    His little brother was hot on his heels picking up the scraps (I hope this isn't a general statement about his future girlfriends.)  At one point, Tater got confused and picked up a landscaping rock and placed it into his basket.  It was far from egg-shaped. If he wasn't ONLY ONE, I'd probably get his eyes checked.  

EasterRocks-12
EasterRocks_Collage
I should probably get his stomach checked too.  I tried to dye eggs with them the day prior (there wasn't enough paper towels in the state of California to clean up THAT mess!).  Mateo figured out there was food inside the shell, and started cracking the eggs open and eating them.  Meanwhile Diego has the patience of a 3-yr old, and would say "OK, ready!" And take the eggs out of the dye as soon as he put them in.  Lesson learned.  Next year I'm dying them myself so that they stain better, and the Ruffians can put the stickers on afterwards..... and I'll probably have some pre-peeled eggs waiting for Tater's stomach.
Untitled Untitled


How was your Easter? -Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment