Monday, March 25, 2013

Bitch Games

Untitled
Diego came running out of his weekly speech therapy appointment last week with a huge grin on his face and holding a brand new, unopened Angry birds game.

His speech therapist told me she would let him "borrow" it.  She did what?!  I posted the picture above on Instagram with the tagline, "I hope she knows that she's not getting this thing back in tact!"  I could only think of the previous Angry Birds game we had and how between Diego the rough ruffian, Tater the ruffian that slobbers on everything, and furry Qori, the ruffian who associates the angry birds toys with dog's squeaky toys, this new game stood no chance.  I also fast-forwarded in my mind to the next speech therapy appointment and how Diego would react when I made him give it back.  Why would the speech therapist deliberately put me in the situation where I would need to fight fire against an inevitable tantrum? 

Bitch.

As we walked away from the speech therapist I thought I heard her say, "It's a brand new game, and since he's my favorite, I let him borrow it." Suddenly she wasn't a bitch anymore.  :)  Unless I misheard her and she actually said "Since I know Angry Birds is his favorite, I let him borrow it."  Well then - she would still qualify as a bitch.  Bitch!

During the past week I've been majorly busy at work, that it's been hard to even sit down and write a quick blog post, but at least three times this week I HAVE had time to worry about how the next speech therapy session will go when Diego has to give the game back.  How the Hell was I going to handle this?!  I stewed, I worried, I didn't really have time to think about it anymore, so I put it off and re-focused my mind on what pays my bills.

Until today came.  The day to give it back.  I picked up Diego from my parent's house (who had kept the game for safe keeping against Qori the dog).  My mother had placed the game in an obscure plastic bag.  Diego didn't even know or care what was in the bag.  Problem solved! Duh! and thanks mother!!!  That's how to tell between veteran mom and a newbie like me.  Here I was, actually planning to try to teach my son a life lesson on giving things back (shiny new plastically smelling things back).  What was I thinking???!

And then Diego came running and grinning out of his most recent speech therapy appointment holding ANOTHER new game, this time it was twice as BIG! 

Bitch!

Untitled


-Shirley

2 comments:

  1. I found you! I like the new blog! I love the top banner! Reading your blog always makes me miss mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss yours too! I hope you start one up again. Maybe now you have a little growing inspiration? ;)

      Delete