Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Black Magic Eclipse


We visited my husband's carpenter for a project he was working on last night.  We needed to cross the bridge to get there and it was already 8pm.

"We're going to go see Martin" we told the boys.

"Martiiiiiiiiiin!" the kids gleefully cried.

Along the way I noticed the moon.  It was a large, low, and a faint orange.  I commented to Hubby that I heard there would be an eclipse tonight that would cause the moon to be orange. It would peak around midnight.  Neither of us could imagine staying up that late on a work night! 

Hubs and Martin finalized their business, and on the way out, Martin - joker that he is, played a prank on Diego.  He placed a gag prop on his finger to make it look like a nail had gone through his finger and he was bleeding.  Diego's reaction was that of pure concern.  So Martin turned around and removed the prop to show Diego that he was no longer bleeding.

"Ta-Da!"

It was magic, I told him.  He was happy and amazed. "Yeah, it was magic"

_____________________________________________________________________________

About 3:30 am. this morning I woke to hear Qori licking himself vigorously.  I had a feeling this was not good, so I jumped up and turned on the light.

Crime scene......

That's all I can say.

It still hurts my heart to think about last night.

I helped him clot the bleeding, I washed his fur so that he didn't look like a lion that had just made a kill,  I whispered that 'I was there for him' over and over and gave him lots of affection and caresses,

.......I cried.....

Out on the deck, I looked up at the sky in desperation.... I looked for the moon..... there was nothing.  The eclipse?  There was something so powerful about the moon, and so eerie that this crime scene happened on the same night.  A black magic.

I did a lousy job of cleaning up the crime scene.

After making sure that Qori was OK, I tried to fall back asleep around 5am.


Hours later when I woke, I felt a little better to see that no sequel crime scene had occurred.    But Diego woke up and immediately said, "Mommy, who made this mess?!"

"Qori was bleeding," I said.  "He's not feeling well."

Diego had that same look of pure concern.  (I felt so bad for referring to him as a demon in a previous post.  The kid has a heart and soul).  He thought about it for a few seconds and said,

"Qori needs magic!"

I fought back the tears and said, "Yes Diego.........  but I don't have any magic."

I don't have any magic....

-Shirley (Mama-Ruff)


No comments:

Post a Comment