Thursday, January 23, 2014

Nailed it: Subtle





I really wanted to try gel nail polish, so I put it on my Christmas list, and lo-and behold my secret Santa sister got a kit for me (along with a cute purse)!

The only thing is that my sister and I couldn't be any more different when it comes to decorating (this includes our homes, nails, and fashion, etc.)  For example: you walk in her house and bam - you're in a Martha Stewart magazine.  Shades of white or "eggshell" with one splash of color.  You walk into mine, and you might as well be in a Morrocan temple, splashes of color & pattern everywhere.  So I joke that she's too subtle.  Once she went to get her hair done in the trendy "Ombre" style, but she asked for it to be subtle.  She came home 3 hours afterwards and looked NO different in my eyes.  LOL - my eyes can't decipher subtle shades!  Had she gone blonde, I would've noticed that!

So it wasn't any surprise that she chose this shade for me.  Sally Hansen "Shell We Dance".  And it was no surprise that I had to bling it up at least a little!  I've been wearing it for a few days now, and I'm finding it surprising that the shade is growing on me............................



............................. subtlety growing on me, that is.  ;)

-Shirley (Mama-Ruff)  

No comments:

Post a Comment