Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I'm Four Years Old!



You were so excited that it was your birthday, because you knew it would mean cake, presents, and balloons!  Each time you received a present, the joy reverberated from within your bones and came out in a shrill.  You didn't even need to say, "Thank you".  We already knew.

You got more overpriced Godzilla action figures to go with your Christmas collection, and your brother got a conciliation present in the form of the book, Llama, Llama Time to Share.  You also received a dino kite, and walking talking Velociraptor, and a sand digging toy for you to sit on that looks like an excavator truck.





You loved your birthday so much, and this is the first birthday where you can answer the question, 

"How old are you?"  

I think it's awesome that you get it now.

What's Diego like at Four?
  • You talk (a lot) but I still take you to speech therapy.  We are working on the "L" sound so that "like & love" don't sound like "hike & hove".  We're also working on prepositions and some words like kitchen, don't seem to be in your vocabulary.  How can kitchen not be in your vocabulary, yet the other day you were asking me where your "Stygimoloch" [dinosaur] was?!!!
  • You love babies.  Each time a baby cousin comes to visit, you're all kisses and hugs, and even want to hold them. You also talk about your baby cousins for days afterwards.
  • Your appetite has improved so much, and now it's your brother Tater who's making feeding time hard.  You really seem to like fish and shrimp or maybe any seafood for that matter.  When you see a crab or lobster in a tank, you usually say, "I want to eat it!"  Oh- and that cake in the picture?  Half of it went straight to your tummy!
  • You still take about a two-hour nap although sometimes it is forced.  And usually anytime you wake up, you're in a total bad mood and a scream-fest ensues.  What's up with that, Diego?
  • You understand the concept of opposites.  For instance, when I say, "I love you, Diego." You usually reply with,"I hove you, Dada", and laugh waiting for me to say, "Hey, but I'm Mama!"
  • You're feeding yourself now, because you're "bigger" but yet you won't get potty trained :(
  • The funniest thing you said this year was in response to us trying to get you to sleep in your own bed:  "I sleep in my bed; I have no FAMILY!"

Love you DD!  Happy birthday from your family - you DO have a family ;)

-Shirley (Mama-Ruff)









No comments:

Post a Comment