Saturday, January 4, 2014

Doting and Driving





The ice in my veins thawed for about 5 seconds, and it was the oddest feeling that came over me.  I kept remembering the scene in "The Grinch" where Jim Carey's ass gets beaten as his heart starts to grow.  (I guess I'm not over the Christmas season just yet).

These two boys, Man.  I don't get them being boys most times.  I'm not a girly-girl, but I'm definitely not a tomboy either.  I have ZERO interest in sports, drinking beer, or fast cars.  But when I saw Diego shifting gears, in complete control of the mini-beemer we got him for Christmas.  And Tater, just barely turning two and turning tight corners in his Audi (I knew he wouldn't understand reversing, but I had no idea that he'd catch on to steering so quickly!).  Something came over me.  I think it was pride.  I'm not a doting mom at all, and it took a lot in me not to post a doting mom status update on FaceBook at that moment. 

'Really?!'  I thought to myself.  'Of all the things that could soften my heart with these Ruffians, it was watching them drive a car?!!!!!!!'  It didn't make sense at all.

I'm afraid this may mean there's a chance that I'll become the soccer mom I never thought I would be.  Or maybe I'll just drink a Corona, and call it a day.


-Shirley (Mama-Ruff)


No comments:

Post a Comment