Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Second One

TheSecondOne-3

We don't really get to hang out just you and me.

As the second one, your time is always shared with your older brother.  It's awesome to see you two bond (but not so awesome when you guys fight).  And you always try to stake your claim to me.  When you've had enough of your brother, you come seeking my hand and usually guide me towards the refrigerator (Of course you do, Tater).  And when your older brother asks me for a "hug"; well -man - that pisses you off and you let everybody know it! 

You hate snuggling with me, but you always need to make sure I'm within arm's distance (it amazes me how similar you are to the dog - I gets NO snuggle time from anyone!).  You get your diapers in a bunch when it's your brother's turn to play human airplane as I launch him in the air with my feet.  If you could speak I'm sure you'd say, "Get the F off! This is my ride!"

But yesterday you got some unprecedented and precious alone time with Mama.  Your dad and brother went to a far off land for a few hours that required a bridge to be crossed.  That left just the two of us home alone (well, maybe the dog was there too, shredding brown paper).

The2ndOneCollage
What to do with this special 1:1 Tater-time?  I decided to keep the TV off and we took a bath (I was fully immersed in my swimsuit since you've suddenly joined your brother in his hatred of baths).  We played, you continuously threw water on me with a cup.  When bath time was over, we watched a couple of Youtube videos of babies doing their thing on my Iphone, and you were enthralled.  We read books, your favorite ones have fish in them.

And we played human helicopter

with no waiting in line!

It was a pretty fun pre-bedtime experience!

We should do it again sometime.


TheSecondOne-5

Have your people, call my people ;)  - Shirley 

Untitled

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you all had this time together. I worry about what it will be like when one becomes two, and while it won't be for awhile yet, these kinds of posts help. :) Tater cracks me up too. :)

    ReplyDelete