Monday, February 3, 2014

January - Month in Pics

I've worked on and published two years worth of my blogs recently using Blurb.  Looking back, I really liked these monthly recaps of pictures, so I think I'll keep it going.....

January 2014 caught the tail end of my inlaws' visit to the US. It was also an eventful month for Diego, as he learned to push himself on a swing, BY HIMSELF!, he learned how to write a "0", and he celebrated his 4th birthday!

It was also an unfortunately eventful month for Qori as he was diagnosed with a terminal nasal sarcoma.  I'm still adjusting to this news, but trying to stay brave.  Qori is now on meds, and I'm trying my best to ensure that he is comfortable and having fun as long as he is still with us.

Other than that, I've been on a health kick trying to eat more healthy and be more active, and trying to keep up my nail hobby.  I've been trying to add variety to my cooking and some things I tried to cook this month were Roasted Tomato Soup, cooking more seafood like Halibut and Jumbo Prawns, and getting creative with one of my favorite Peruvian appetizers, Causa (pictured below).

I bought a Fitbit pedometer and reached a 10,000 daily steps goal by taking Qori for a full morning hike and then walking half the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge at night.  I'm supposed to do this DAILY?!  Wowza!



How was your January?
-Shirley (Mama-Ruff) [instagram: justshirley08]

No comments:

Post a Comment